The Rochester Media Association’s annual awards banquet takes place Saturday, May 9, at 6 p.m. at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center on East Main Street.
The banquet spotlights the contributions made by Rochester media members in print, digital, television and radio. The evening will begin with cocktails (cash bar) at 6 p.m. with dinner and awards beginning at 7:30 p.m. Janet Lomax, reporter and anchor from News10NBC, will be emcee.
The annual banquet is when the Association’s highest honors, the Impact Awards, are presented. These are selected by the membership and are awarded to individuals who have made a measurable and lasting contribution to both the media industry and the people of Greater Rochester.
This year’s Impact Award Winners recipients are:
- Maureen McGuire, news anchor WROC-TV
- Andre Langston, owner, WDKX Radio
- Karen Magnuson, editor and exceutive vice president for news, Democrat & Chronicle Media Group
Also, each media organization will honor an Establish Professional Award recipient, and a Rising Star Award recipient.
Tickets pricing is based on:
- Your membership status (Email us if you’re not sure about that. Keep in mind that membership is based on annual dues, and your membership may have expired. You can renew here to become eligible for the member rate.)
- Whether your media organization is a sponsor for the event. Visit the sponsorship page to learn whether your organization is a sponsor.
So, select the status below that you fall within (dollar amounts are clickable links that take you to an appropriate payment button):
I’m a member:
I’m not a member (You should become one…see below):
OK, I want to become a member of the Rochester Media Association, or renew my membership. You can do that AND buy your banquet ticket at the same time:
- Post was updated 6:20 p.m. Friday April 10 to fix a spelling of Andre Langston’s name.
- Post was updated 8 p.m. Sunday April 12 to add online payment links and correct starting time from an earlier post.